As a volunteer, you are an important member of our team and act as a representative of Tropical Fruits to the community at large. It is the undying support, indispensable energy and vitality of our dedicated volunteers that make Tropical Fruits a reality.
For a better understanding of what you can expect as a volunteer and what is expected of you by Tropical Fruits, we ask you to read and agree to the following Volunteer Contract.
Tropical Fruits will provide for you:
- Beneficial and life-enriching experiences, connecting with your community in a 'Fun, Safe and Inclusive' environment.
- Comprehensive orientation and general training sessions plus any specialized training for specific jobs.
- Opportunities for professional development and social interaction with other volunteers.
- An opportunity to learn about event management and non-profit GLTBI groups.
Tropical Fruits asks that you:
- Work the agreed number of hours, as per arranged shift allocation with Tropical Fruits.
- Choose an assignment within your abilities, interests, and time.
- Abide by WH&S policies and practices, and attend the scheduled orientation and training sessions to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Notify Tropical Fruits beforehand if you will be absent, late or if you have arranged a substitute.
- Understand that if you do not honour your volunteer commitment, but attend the parties to which you would have been eligible, you will be invoiced for the cost of your tickets.
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate and ethical manner at all times, in accordance with the Tropical Fruits Code Of Conduct.
- Have fun and agree to ask questions if needed. Remember we are here for you!
By agreeing to this contract, I declare that I have read, understand, and accept all parts of the Volunteer Contract and will strive to fulfill all parts therein.